At Madrona Natural Medicine, we provide primary Naturopathic care that blends conventional best practices with complementary and alternative medicines. We empower individuals to reach their best health through a personalized holistic treatment plan that educates patients on prevention, disease, and wellness.
What is Naturopathic Care?
In Washington State, Naturopathic Doctors are licensed Primary Care Providers with prescriptive rights to all non-controlled substances. What sets Naturopaths apart from medical doctors is the extra training they receive in botanical medicine, nutrition, counseling, physical medicine, and intravenous and injection therapy. What does this mean for you? You get a provider that will be present and attentive during visits and who is an expert in evidence-based natural treatment alternatives, with the ability to prescribe medication when necessary.
- Our Naturopathic principles of care are at the center of the medicine we practice. These principles include:
- First do no harm
- With each patient, we aim to to use the least force intervention necessary to successfully treat the individual. Depending on the current disease state, treatment will be tailored to use the least force possible, with the goal of minimizing harmful side effects that often accompany higher levels of intervention. This could mean your treatment plan might contain only a low force intervention like lifestyle changes, or it could mean a high force intervention such as a prescriptive medication is necessary.
- Identify and treat the cause
- In order to achieve healing, we must address the root cause of your condition. Unwanted health symptoms are a signal from your body that something is off. Maybe you don’t sleep enough, are over-stressed, or have a poor diet. Whatever it may be, there is something that is creating an environment for disease to develop. We have little to no control over some of these root causes of disease (genetics or the air we breath for instance), but there are many causes of disease we do have control over and can modify to promote a state that leads to health.
- Doctor as teacher
- Our goal is to empower you with knowledge. During your visit, we strive to educate you about the disease process and in what ways the treatment plan works to get you feeling better.
- Treat the whole person
- You are not your symptoms. Your health results from a connection between the physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and spiritual aspects of your being. We do our best to view each individual as a whole instead of reducing you down to one anatomical system, a list of symptoms, or a specific pathology.
- Prevention is often times the best medicine. We assess risk factors and emphasize wellness education to prevent illness.
- The body’s innate ability to heal
- Your body has a great capacity for healing. If you get a minor scratch, it should heal itself in a few days. A lot of our work with you will involve identifying and removing obstacles blocking the healing process.
Site powered by Weebly. Managed by SiteGround